The deadline for submissions is December 29, 2022.
We are currently accepting proposals for the upcoming Educator’s Anti-Racism Conference taking place on February 15th both online and in-person at York University, Toronto, ON. Focused on K-12 educators the theme of the conference is Shifting the System from Within: Empowering educators to embed anti-racism practices in the classroom.
Conference Date: February 15, 2023
Location for in person: York University, Toronto, Ontario
Virtually: Across Canada
Note: Workshops will be offered either virtually or in-person and not hybrid. We will be offering eight different workshops (4 in-person and 4 online) with each session being offered twice. Workshops run from 12:00 – 1:30 pm, and 1:45 – 3:15pm EST. Honorariums will be provided for successful proposals.
Deadline for submissions: Thursday, December 29, 2022
Shifting the System from Within: Empowering educators to embed anti-racism practices in their classroom communities
- Bridge the gap between academia, educators and community organizers by presenting the newest most relevant theory, data, evidence and community insights;
- Outline for attendees’ current systemic barriers racialized students face within the classroom space;
- Educate attendees on how to reduce barriers and establish inclusive practices in their classroom to address systemic racism in education;
- Provide theory and practical applications on how to embed an anti-racist and anti-colonial/decolonial lens in their classroom practice; and,
- Engage in cross-cultural dialogue to foster solidarity across diverse communities.
- Educators including support staff and administrators
- Student teachers
- Academia (Faculty of Education + Administrators) – Universities and Colleges (ECE, etc.)
- Board + administrators
- Independent schools
Workshops are 1.5 hours in length and are expected to include a practical application component. Workshops will include approximately 30-50 people per session.
See event details at https://harmony.my.canva.site/2022-educators-antiracism-conference
Can you help educators bridge best practices and practical applications?
Submit a Workshop Proposal Today!
Fill in the form below to submit. Workshops will be confirmed on January 9th. For questions email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 647-746-0440.Apply now
About Harmony Movement
We empower and develop leaders for social change by providing diversity education and creating opportunities for deeper learning about equity and inclusion in schools and communities. We believe by building connections we can challenge discrimination and promote inclusion.
Through student conferences, educator workshops, community presentations, and resource creation, Harmony Movement builds connections across the country, providing learning opportunities to increase understanding of the complex and intersectional issues affecting our communities, as well as to change the way that people look at and understand inclusion.