Contract, part-time Program Facilitator - Adult Education
NOTE THIS POSITIONS HAS BEEN FILLED AND WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY ACCEPTING NEW APPLICANTS.
Harmony Movement (www.harmony.ca) is a leading provider of diversity education in Ontario. We are a non-profit organization that addresses equity issues and promotes inclusion by educating and empowering youth and adults in schools, communities, and workplace settings to be agents of change. Working with school boards and the private and public sectors in Ontario, we provide diversity education and leadership development programs, conferences, and projects customized to participants’ needs. We work with youth, educators and workplaces in community and not-for-profit settings.
The successful applicant will work closely with the Harmony Movement team to develop and deliver programs and workshops that address fundamental equity and diversity issues. Our programs explore personal and group identities, stereotypes, prejudice, discrimination, media literacy, historic inequity in Canada, and personal empowerment, as well as taking leadership for equity, inclusion, and social change. This position reports to the Director of Programs.
- Plan and facilitate leadership, diversity, and anti-discrimination education programs and workshops for adults in workplace, school and in community settings, working independently and with co-facilitators.
- Develop and deliver workshops and programs for educators, support staff and administrators that support equity, inclusion, and student leadership and voice.
- Develop and deliver workshops and programs for workplace and community spaces that challenge bias, stereotypes, and create more inclusive workplaces and organizations.
- Collaborate with workplaces, schools and community partners to assess needs, identify learning goals/outcomes, and develop relevant content that appeals to diverse learning styles.
- Work in collaboration with the other Program Facilitators and Managers to seek out, develop and maintain relationships and opportunities with partners in workplaces, schools and organizations.
- Support all operations relating to Harmony Movement programs including data gathering and evaluation, research, reporting, and various community development activities.
- This position will require regular travel within the GTA and Ontario with possible travel across Canada, and may ocassionally involve overnight stays.
Beyond these responsibilities, we are a small team and this position requires you to be extremely flexible and do whatever it takes to get things done, from research and client management through to completing mundane office tasks.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma with at least three years of relevant working experience, or equivalent work experience in lieu of formal education
- Experience facilitating workshops and interactive group activities, working directly with diverse adults with a variety of learning styles and needs within a workshop, classroom, or conference setting.
- Have a personal and professional interest in teaching equity, inclusion, and social justice issues to adults, with working knowledge of anti-oppressive and anti-racism concepts and their application.
- Strong presentation and workshop facilitation skills and ability to engage the audience in a classroom, community workshop, or conference environment.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, writing, editing, and proofreading skills with a demonstrated ability to produce high-quality materials for sharing with our audiences.
- Excellent research, planning, and time and project management skills with proven ability to see projects and tasks to completion.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as part of a team within a flexible professional environment, with minimal supervision.
- This position involves flexible hours to include weekday evenings and occasional weekends.
- Understanding of the lived realities of Black, Indigenous, and racialized communities stemming from direct involvement and/or lived experience.
- Comfortable working in challenging spaces where individuals may have less experience and exposure to diversity, equity and inclusion concepts
- Clearance from a Vulnerable Sector Police Screening.
We are seeking a one part-time contract facilitator with flexible weekday, day-time availability. The salary range is $32-42 per hour or can be negotiated on a per workshop basis and commensurate with experience and education level.
We are open to candidates in Toronto, or also based in Ottawa or other areas of Ontario. We are a remote workplace, but we do travel to deliver our programs, so regular travel is involved.
If you are interested, please submit your resume, together with a cover letter (PDF or Word format) of no longer than one page, summarizing why you are passionate about diversity education and why you would be an excellent candidate for this position.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Harmony Movement is committed to fostering a workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we work with. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, Black and racialized people, people with disabilities, people from diverse faith communities, and members of LGBTIQ2S communities.
Please send your resume to [email protected]
Only applicants that are shortlisted for an interview will be contacted. If contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.