We equip participants with the tools to collaboratively challenge discrimination while working together across social differences for a healthy and diverse community.
Harmony Movement addresses the full range of equity issues in a community setting including programs for youth, volunteers, boards and more.
Diversity and Equity 101
Harmony Movement’s community programs are tailored to meet the needs of the diverse groups of participants. Our trainings are available for community members and non-profit organization staff and volunteers.
In our interactive workshops, participants will explore the benefits of diversity while gaining the language and tools to challenge prejudice, stereotyping, and discrimination in their communities.
Through our programs, participants will:
- Explore the benefits of recognizing and embracing diversity
- Gain language and tools to identify and challenge prejudice, stereotyping, and discrimination in their communities
- Examine and challenge beliefs and behaviours that can lead to unsafe and unwelcoming community environments
Dialogue Across Difference
Conversations about diversity and discrimination can be challenging and have the potential to create conflict in a community or workplace setting.
With a focus on improving communication and understanding between diverse groups in a community setting, our workshop enables participants to:
- Build an awareness of how prejudice, stereotyping and discrimination affect members of the community
- Provide a space for open conversations about issues affecting the community and beyond
- Practice leadership skills to build unity and understanding amongst workshop participants
- Planning the steps involved in taking action on the issues identified by workshop participants
By the end of the program, participants will have acquired tools necessary to recognize and build on their own leadership skills as allies and advocates for social change.