Students & Youth
Through interactive workshops, youth are made aware of the impact of prejudice and discrimination and are empowered to take action to address these issues within their schools and communities.
Our diversity education programs and workshops are customized to your school’s needs.
We offer Virtual Programs
SHSM Anti-Oppression and Allyship Training
- Introduction to the concepts of intersectionality, stereotypes and bias
- Forms of discrimination including overt, covert and microaggressions
- Going beyond ‘diversity’ in the workplace
- What is allyship and how to be a good ally
- Moving from allyship to solidarity
- Confronting discrimination in the workplace and engaging in courageous conversations
Diversity and Equity Workshops
Harmony Movement’s interactive education workshops engage participants through games, multi-media activities, and group discussions to introduce them to the principles of equity, diversity and inclusion while developing their abilities to take leadership for social change. For up to 30 students.
Through our programs participants:
- Build awareness of prejudice, stereotyping, discrimination and bullying
- Explore the concepts of power and privilege
- Reflect on the role of the media in our society
- Build leadership skills to build unity in their schools and communities
Harmony Movement can tailor these workshops to meet the specific needs of your school. Our workshops provide a broad overview of equity and inclusion topics, or can be adapted to focus on a specific theme.
Our action planning program is designed to support students in creating and implementing sustainable initiatives for safer and more inclusive schools. Harmony Movement facilitators will work with a group of students to formulate a concrete action plan and implementation strategy to set their initiative into motion.
This program includes:
- Identifying the issues to be addressed
- Reviewing what resources are required and are already available
- Planning the steps involved in taking action
- Outlining the distribution of tasks and responsibilities
The action planning program is followed by up to eight hours of virtual consultation and implementation support.