Volunteer Board Posting
About Harmony Movement
We empower and develop leaders for social change by providing diversity education and creating opportunities for deeper learning about equity and inclusion in schools and communities. We believe by building connections we can challenge discrimination and promote inclusion.
Through student conferences, educator workshops, community presentations, and resource creation, Harmony Movement builds connections across the country, providing learning opportunities to increase understanding of the complex and intersectional issues affecting our communities, as well as to change the way that people look at and understand inclusion.
Harmony Movement encourages all Canadians to value diversity and foster a commitment to a just and caring society.
We aim to promote equity, diversity, and inclusion in Canada by educating and empowering people to become leaders for social change.
Harmony is seeking three (3) Board Members who can support the organization to realize its vision and
mission with experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Media Relations
- Social Media
- Public Relations
- Organizational Management
- Equity Education in Schools
- Event Planning
Board Member Key Responsibilities
- Serve a minimum of a three-year term
- Attend regular board meetings (typically six board meetings a year)
- Participate in at least one board committee or project
- Be able to volunteer three to six hours per month to support the work of the organization
- Attend Harmony Movement in-person and/or virtual events such as the annual Harmony
Awards Gala and other events as needed
- Responsibly represent Harmony Movement to their respective communities and to advocate for
Harmony Movement’s mission, programs, and services as appropriate
- Contribute their respective professional expertise to the robust functioning of the organization
- Bring in new partnership opportunities for financial support
- Individuals with professional expertise in key areas that have been identified and prioritized by the board (see above item)
- Individuals connected with corporations and/or community organizations, or with educational institutions are also an asset
- A passion for equity, inclusion, anti-racism, and human rights principles
- Previous board experience is welcome, but not required; we also welcome youth applicants to apply
- Board members must reside in Canada
How to express your interest
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your résumé, together with a one-page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating:
- Why you are passionate about equity and inclusion education
- Why you would be an excellent candidate to lead the organization on the next stage of our journey
Short-listed applicants will be interviewed by a recruitment committee of the Harmony Movement Board.
Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis till the roles are filled.
Harmony Movement is committed to fostering a space that reflects the diversity of the communities we work with. We strongly encourage applications from people who identify as Indigenous, Black, racialized, having one or more disabilities, members of 2SLGBTQ+ communities, members of under-represented faiths or other equity-seeking groups, or having had diverse experiences.
Are you passionate about creating a more inclusive Canada?
Apply to join our board today!
Submit your résumé and cover letter today. For questions email email@example.com or call 647-746-0440.Apply now